This year’s DSMIG Winter Meeting will be held on 4th November. Please find the agenda below or download a flyer here. Please do share this information with your local networks.
|9.00-11.15||Members meeting (DSMIG MEMBERS ONLY)|
|9.00||Annual General Meeting|
|10.05||Case discussion – members’ problem cases & recent queries handled by the DSMIG team|
|11.45-4.15||Open meeting – Welcome from President and Chair, Shiela Puri|
|11.50||Updates from the Immunology Clinic in Children With Down Syndrome Professor Eleanor Malloy, Neonatal Consultant and Professor of Paediatrics & Child Health, Trinity College, University of Dublin|
|12.30||The Voices of Young People With Down Syndrome Through the COVID 19 Pandemic
Eddie McConnell – Chief Executive, Down Syndrome Scotland
|13.50||Feeding and Nutrition in Children with Down Syndrome
Himali De Silva – Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist,
Evelina London Children’s Hospital
|14.30||Reducing the Impact of Sepsis on Children with Down Syndrome Dr Elizabeth Herrieven – Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, HUTH NHS Trust|
|15.20-16.20||Current Research, Audit and Guidelines Update|
|15.20||Update from the Feeding and Autoimmunity in Down Syndrome Evaluation Study (FADES), Georgina Williams, University of Bristol|
|15.50||Update on COVID 19 infection in children with Down Syndrome and other Current Global Research Projects
Professor Monica Lakhanpaul, Professor of Integrated Community Child Health UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
The cost of the event is £50 for doctors and trainees and £25 for Allied Health Care Professionals.
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Please note that the Winter Meeting has now been confirmed as a VIRTUAL event.
Please register your interest in attending by emailing email@example.com
Once you have registered and paid you will be sent the relevant Zoom link in the week prior to the Winter Meeting. Please note that there will be a separate Zoom link for DSMIG members to attend the AGM in the morning and a separate link for those joining the (open) academic meeting at 11.45am.
Target Audience for the Open Meeting:
Doctors and nurses with an interest in Down Syndrome.
Paediatricians (Community and Acute), Allied Health Care Professionals who work with adults and children with Down Syndrome (DS) e.g. Speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists, student and trainee doctors and nurses
Other professionals welcome:
Teachers and educational psychologists involved with CYP with DS.
- The audience will gain an update on the recent immunology research and its clinical impact
- The audience will gain an understanding of the experience impact of the COVID 19 from the perspective of young people with Down Syndrome.
- The audience will gain an insight of work done to reduce the impact of sepsis in Children with Down Syndrome
- The audience will gain understanding of feeding and nutritional difficulties for children and young people with Down Syndrome
- The audience will gain an update on the latest information from the FADES study and discuss local clinical application
- The audience will be updated on the most recent clinical health research on COVID 19 in people with Down Syndrome and other current global research projects.